On Saturday 10th December Chichester Creative Network will be hold their first arts and crafts event at Cobnor Activities Centre, Chidham, nr Chichester. This will give local creatives an opportunity to display and sell their wares at an affordable price this festive season. It also gives the rest of us a chance to celebrate the wealth of local creativity while bagging a few unique Christmas gifts!
We have a plethora of local creatives attending the event to sell their arts and crafts, including:
- DillyWorm Arts and Crafts – DillyWorm crafts is a mother and daughter team, born and raised in Chichester. Gill and Kate Lassetter design, make and customise cutesy crafty treats that will make ideal Christmas gifts! The DillyWorm Crafts range includes: bags, aprons, phone and glasses pouches, cushions, hot water bottle covers, lavender bags, cuddly friends, jewellery and framed photography and pictures. Please find out more by visiting (and liking) their Facebook page: Facebook – DillyWormCrafts.
- Versartile – Making it personal since 2010, VersArtile was founded by two friends whose skills are creatively very different but combined together are a true design inspiration. VersArtile is a unique personalisation gift company. Their main product is that of personalised canvas prints. Each design has an individual theme and theme name. Not only can the designs themselves be personalised with details about the child but each design will also come with a bespoke verse element that will be written about the child too, making it truly unique.
- Lesley Brown Clinical Aromatherapy – Lesley practices clinical aromatherapy and aromatology and is based in The Chichester Natural Health Centre. She offers treatments such as full body massage, Indian Head Massage, and hand and foot massages using a blend of essential oils created to suit your individual needs. She also sells the products that she makes using essential oils and gift vouchers for her treatments, which will make great Christmas presents. You can find out more at: Lesley Brown Clinical Aromatherapy.
- Retro Rascal – Retro Rascal brings you vintage style fancy goods which are unique and affordable.
- Apuldram Centre Crafts – Those who attend arts and crafts sessions at the Apuldram Centre are encouraged to use a variety of media to explore their true creative potential. By exploring various craft skills, they discover hidden talents which raise their confidence and help them to maintain their individuality. Just some of the crafts created at the Apuldram Centre include wooden reindeers, which are a hit at Christmas time!
- Shabby Chic Arts and Crafts – Shabby Chic Arts and Crafts encompasses a range of crafts that are either sewn, knitted or hand painted, including Cath Kidston and ditsy floral fabric items. Many products can be personalised according to customer requirements and Sarah is also willing to take on commissioned orders where possible.
- Anne’s Salt lamps, Candles N Cards – Anne is a keen crafter and always up to something. Her main joy is card making and she sells cards to cover materials only, not to profit. She has a new founded love of salt lamps and their amazing healing powers. Anne also does glass painting with a difference and loves scrapbooking, sewing, knitting, embroidery, xstitch. Actually, she loves anything to do with crafts!
- Emma’s Interiors – Emma runs a small business from home in Bosham, selling quality gifts and interior accessories. Her range includes picture frames, candles, vintage signs, decorative ornaments, glass tea light holders, mirrors; something for everyone and every home!
- Buttons & Bows - Buttons & Bows was established by sewing lover and illustration graduate Hannah Clear. Hannah designs and creates unique textile gifts and art work from her home studio in Chichester. Hannah finds inspiration in everything around her; cupcakes in café windows, flowers in the countryside and beach huts by the sea. Hannah tries as much as possible to recycle old clothing to recreate new and exciting crafts. She hates to see anything go to waste and enjoys using fabric which has already had a life and gives it a new one. Website link: Buttons and Bows Shop
- What the Dickens? Gifts for Writers – What the Dickens? provides a wide range of writing and literary gifts for writers that love writing and readers that love books: What the Dickens? offers many literary gifts, from notebooks and journals to mugs and novel tea. Find out more at: Writers Gifts
- Nicky Linzey Designs – Nicky trained in textile design and colour; texture and pattern are very important to her and feature strongly in her framed prints, cards and other decorative items. Nicky’s mostly inspired by nature, observed while walking with her Jack Russell both locally and around the UK. She has sold to Harrods, Harvey Nichols and recently had designs featured in several pattern books including ‘Print & Pattern’ from the cult blog. Find out more at: Nicky Linzey Designs
- Ali-Art and Gift Rocks – Alison Clements and Louise Hankin, both from Selsey, attend local craft fairs, take commissions and sell products via the internet. Ali-Art/ Gift Rocks sell handmade jewellery, created using genuine gemstones. Jewellery includes earrings, bracelets and necklaces. Also available are original hand painted canvases, cards, keyrings, prints and decorations.
- Kate Kernick – Kate will be making the most of our nautical location by selling her Recycled Sailcloth Bags at the Christmas Fair! Find out more at: http://flotsen.com/
- FingerTips Designs – FingerTips, set-up by a Mother & Daughter team, specialises in making art accessible to all ages and abilities. Their products allow anyone with a fingerprint to make amazing works of art. What could be more unique than using your fingerprint to create art!? They will offer the chance for people to make and take FingerTips products at their stall and to buy kits to continue the fun at home.
- Rosie’s Wreaths – Rosie loves felt and making Christmas gifts and decorations using it. She also uses wool and a few bag loads of acorns collected from the floor of the local forest! Rosie is very happy to accept commissions for larger wreaths.
All these Arts and Crafts plus more Creativity…
Children’s author Penelope Bush (Alice in Time, Piccadilly, 2010 and Diary of a Lottery Winner’s Daughter, Piccadilly, 2011) will be there on the day to give readings from her international best-sellers and provide book signings. We’re sure that the kids will love to visit Penelope before or after a boat trip around Chichester Harbour with the Cobnor Elves, a festive activity that’s not to be missed!
Andrew Bailey will also lead a team of local poets in seasonal poetry readings and the Cobnor Carollers will offer some acoustic Christmas tunes to keep festive spirits high.
Sizzling sausages, warming homemade soup, mulled wine and mince pies will all be available to buy from the Cobnor Friends who are hoping to raise money for their charity, which helps keep Cobnor Activities Centre running. Their aim is to help educate young people, to develop their physical, mental and spiritual capacities so that they may grow to full maturity as individuals and members of society and that their conditions of life may be improved. They also want to give young people in the local area the opportunity to experience challenging outdoor activities, both water and land based.
Christmas Arts & Crafts at Cobnor starts at 10.00 am and the festive fun will continue until 5.00 pm. Entry to the event is free as is parking, you can’t ask fairer than that! Please support your local creatives and come and join us for some festive fun. It would really help us to make this event a success if you could spread the word. Here are some ways you can help:
- Save the flyer below and send it on to your family and friends via email
- Print out the flyer and hand it out at other creative events over the next few weeks. Click on the image below to download a large PDF version of the flyer (in RGB), if you would like a CMYK PDF version, then please contact email@example.com
- Suggest our Facebook event page to your contacts and write on our wall: Christmas Craft Fair
- Talk about our event on Twitter and blog about our event, providing links to this blog for details
Thanks in advance your support. We very much look forward to seeing you there!
Kate and Lorrie x